Here is an alternative idea for you and your kids for the cards that everyone gives out. I found that when I was younger and in school, when it came time to trade cards on Valentine’s Day, everyone passed out the same cards. Here is a way for your kids to give something different, and something that they made themselves.
If you are like me then you have a few odds and ends craft items around your home. To make this project even less I would suggest pulling from those.
- tulle $.99-$1.99 @ Michaels or JoAnn’s (or even some fabric)
- ribbon $.50-$1.00 (any kind)
- paper (any kind) I have lots of card stock so that’s what I used
- hole punch
- candy $.50-$2.00 (any kind, try to avoid the one’s with peanut butter as some kids have peanut allergies)
- Cut a piece of tulle or fabric and place 3 or 4 of the candies in the center.
- Cut the paper into a tag length and punch a hole in it for the ribbon to go through.
- Write your message on the tag.
- Cut a length of ribbon.
- Gather tulle/fabric around the candy and tie with the ribbon.
- Tie the tag on and you’re done.