This week when I went to Rite Aid for the toothpaste and toothbrush deal, they were out of the toothbrushes on Sunday. I was a little frustrated, being that it was the first day of the sale and they were already out. I decided to wait and go to a different store later in the week. To my dismay they were out as well … until I found an endcap that was fully stocked with toothbrushes and I ended up getting the deal. The exact same thing happened to me with the Vaseline deal this week. So here are my tips for out-of-stock merchandise.
- If you go at the beginning of the week, you could always try again if the deal is worth it to you.
- You could try multiple stores. We live in Fremont and my husband works in Milpitas and there are many Rite Aids to choose from between here and there.
- If you can’t find it in the store’s main location, check the endcaps (the displays at the end of the aisles). I will usually walk the whole store checking the endcaps for regular and clearance deals.
- Ask an associate if they have anymore elsewhere, or when they will be getting in their next shipment
- Inform the store manager about stocking up for sales and checking coupon sites for deals that their customers will be most likely to buy. It’s a good idea to build rapport with the stores you frequent anyways.
- Don’t get discouraged or upset, remember we are saving money! 🙂
I hope these tips help you as you are looking for those great deals! Happy shopping!